If my blog were marked alongside the GCSE exams then we can be sure of a few things:
- It wouldn’t get lost in some farcical mishap involving a train and a briefcase
- Full marks would be awarded for consistency of layout
- The final mark would read “must try harder”
Trouble is, you see, June has been so monumentally busy that I’ve lost track of time. During the time since my last blog entry (24th May) there’s been a whole host of things happened. Given that I only get a chance to blog at weekends, things have been quite sparse on the update front:
- A barbeque (thanks Sharon and Chris)
- A wedding (congratulations Rhys and Nicola)
- A trip to Sunderland (long drive!)
- Another wedding (congratulations Natasha and Chris)
- A birthday party for a 4-year-old
- The in-laws visiting for a weekend
- A week in Devon with said relatives
- A birthday for Katrina
All of that in just 4 weeks. I don’t remember having that much of a social life at university… maybe I don’t remember it for a reason though…
Added to this was the unfortunate incident of spilling a good quantity of lemonade into the keyboard. This has ended up making my “E” key very sticky and hard to press. Combine that with my naturalisation onto my work laptop and suddenly typing on my home PC keyboard feels quite wrong. Every keystroke is just a little too stretched to be comfortable.
Hopefully normal blogging will resume soon(ish). Now where’s that magical time-machine gone?