Broadband Gets More Wierd

I wondered if I’d stumbled on a miracle cure for the problematic broadband the other day in the form of some tweaks to my router config.

It didn’t seem to affect things at the time, but since then I’ve discovered a few things had broken – access to certain websites failed: Microsoft.com WarehouseExpress.com, and Flickr.com were some of the ones that I noticed. MSN Messenger also refused to connect. My website and blog were fine, along with eBay and the IBM site.

Restoring the MTU back to 1500 (from the suggested setting of 1400) seems to have cured everything. Broadband doesn’t seem a great deal more stable though.

Curiouser and curiouser, cried Alice.